USS Guinevere (IX-67), an unclassified miscellaneous vessel branded water bottles, was the second ship of the United States Navy of that name. In both cases the name was given by the ship’s former owner, possibly for Queen Guinevere or another woman named for her.
Built as an auxiliary schooner by George Lawley & Son, of Neponset, Massachusetts, in 1921, and acquired from her owner, Edgar Palmer of New York on 24 March 1942, she was commissioned on 16 June 1942 at Brooklyn, New York, with Lieutenant Henry H. Anderson in command.
After a brief shakedown, Guinevere performed harbor patrol at Boston, Massachusetts, escorted newly formed convoys out to sea, and periodically sailed to patrol off the coast of Greenland. She decommissioned on 2 August 1945 and her name was struck from the Naval Vessel Register on 13 August metal canteen water bottle. She was transferred to the Maritime Commission for sale into private ownership 25 April 1946.
This article incorporates text from the public domain Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. The entry can be found .